Goood morning, my fine friends. I don’t know why I just allowed myself to use the phrase “Hump Day” in place of Wednesday. I hate that stupid term. Just call it Wednesday! It’s not cute.
Anyway, we’re not even halfway to the weekend yet (holding out til the clock strikes noon!) and if you’re anything like me, you’re looking for some midweek distractions. Also, if you’re anything like me: lord help you.
So, in the humpday spirit (ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh), here are just a few things boppin’ around my brain lately that I felt the (unnecessary) need to share, complete with some prettttty solid random stock imagery. This post might change your life! Butttt it probably won’t.
1. I know I’m always late to the kool tunez party and say what you will about Miley Cyrus as a human being (preferably say nothing, actually!) but I just heard Wrecking Ball (finally! I know!) and that song is a J-A-M: JAM.
You do you, Miley! But maybe with a shirt on? Just a thought! xo
Other music I can’t stop listening to: Katy Perry’s Roar, this song by that Avicii person who is apparently popular with the youths and Lady Antebellum’s entire oeuvre, including their Christmas album because pop country holiday is my new favorite musical genre? Sure why not.
2. I’ve decided on what is the officially worst thing in the world. It is when you get all nice and snuggly in your bed…and then realize you kind of have to pee. And you must decide which is worse: getting out from under the covers and
braving the cold bathroom, or just peeing your bed and living with the consequences. Talk about a Sophie’s Choice, am I right?
(I have never read that book.)
3. How do you guys feel about toothbrushing in the office? I give it two thumbs way, way, WAY down. It disgusts me wholeheartedly. It is such an intimate and personal activity, to me – the scrubbing, the flying germ particles…THE SPITTING. Oh, the spitting is the worst part. I just do not condone spitting your grotesque mouth contents in a shared restroom, where other people can see you and then have to wash their hands over the same sink. I applaud the effort towards good oral hygiene but I think that 2 times a day, at your own home, is juuust fine. And if you have a halitosis issue, try tic tacs, gum, those weird strips you put on your tongue or even see a dentist. Please do not brush your teeth in the office.
Anyone with me?!
4. My friend Amy just shared this amazing quiz with me: Are You A Walking Disaster?
The first time I took it I got “Yes, you are a walking disaster!” but think I may have exaggerated a bit, because Amy only came up as a moderate disaster and just last week I had the honor of watching her fall face-first into a field during a bonfire so I’m pretty sure I can’t be that much more disastrous than she is. So I re-tried and came back just Moderate. PHEW.
What are you? This is really important stuff, you guys.
PSS: love you, Amy!!!
5. And while we’re on the subject of quizzes, I also took this one from Time.com: Which State Matches Your Personality?
I got Illinois! Apparently The I-Nois (what?) is chock-full of extroverted, friendly neurotics. Sounds AMAZING! Also, my brother lives there! Hi, Mikey-boy, I’m movin’ in!
What state are you? What a weird quiz!
PS: I can’t link to any other articles at Time.com because I’m the worst and think pugs in Halloween costumes > world affairs, bigtime.
6. And finally, because I know you were curious, the photo above is what my landlady is rocking this Hallowe’en. (Does anyone still spell it like that? It kind of weirds me out.)
Let the holiday season begin!
And that’s that! Happy WEDNESDAY, pals!
xoxoxo Liz Ho