Gobble Gobble! Happy Turkey Day, everyone! Just kidding, I hate when people call it Turkey Day. I think it’s racist towards other equally special Thanksgiving foods.
Here is but a partial list of things I DO love and feel thankful for all year, but especially this week:
- My beautiful family, currently en-route to Brooklyn (with turkey hats!) to spend the holidays here in the hometown of Jay-Z
- Jay-Z and his beautiful family
- My boyfriend and his cute face and the adventures we have together
- My friends near and far
- The Facebook for allowing me to keep up with friends far, and also with people from high school I’m unnecessarily interested in, random college acquaintances and other creepy stuff
- Coffee, even though it makes my tummy upset
- People who don’t judge me for being 28 and using the word “tummy”
- Trader Joe and his fine food emporiums
- Scented Candles
- Sallie Hansen and her divine line of nail polishes – affordable, long lasting and an easy to apply brush!
- My sinus allergies for giving me a terrible cough this week, which encouraged my coworker to insist that I stay home today
- My job for being flexible and allowing me to stay home from time to time. And, oh yeah, fulfilling me creatively, respecting my talents, yada yada yada. But mostly the flexible time off scene.
- Jeanne and Donald Fey, who brought Tina into this world
- Cup of Jo
- Fresh flowers in the dining room
- Connie Britton’s hair
- Little boys!!!!
- The scientists who made the recipe for Diet Coke
- Terry Gross
- The deli by my apartment that makes the best $3 ham sandwiches in town
- The cleaning lady at my office, even though I have severe class guilt and always awkwardly try to make small talk and she doesn’t really speak English I truly appreciate the difficult and unsavory job she has cleaning up our messes.
- Basically all people who would be Downstairs if the world were Downton Abbey (which it is): maids, maintenance staff, taxi drivers, et al. Often overlooked under appreciated folks whose work is indispensable.
- Oh, duh, Downton Abbey!
- Clorox cleaning wipes – so efficient! Probably wasteful. Don’t worry about it.
- My crazy land lady
- Wine, obviously
- The boys in my fantasy football league for letting me play and also for being so gracious about getting destroyed by a girl! I don’t think I’ve mentioned this here yet, I decided not to do my old league this year mostly because I always lost and didn’t want to just fork over money again, but Brian & his pals needed an extra player, no fee!, so I joined up and I am straight CRUSHING these bros. I’m in first place ahead of a bunch of boyzzz. Girls rule, boys drool. Last week I beat someone by .14 points, hah! My team name: Susan B. Anfernee. (Losing at fantasy football makes me almost as mad as the fact that my sister named her son Anfernee.)
- Lindsay Lohan. I just want her to know that I love her and believe in her and I’m here for her. Stay strong, girl.
- The drugstore next to my office for always having exactly what I need, even when it’s something obscure like sandpaper or iron on t-shirt decals
- Ben Wyatt. He’s real, guys, he’s real.
- The way that the air smells when winter’s almost here
- Summer Fridays
- Clean sheets
- All of the people who read and love this lil blog. Be they friends, family or strangers from the internet, I love making you laugh and am so thankful you find this slice of the web to be an entertaining spot. You are like stale bread shoved up inside a dead bird: delicious, delightful and the best part of any holiday.
Happy thanksgiving to all! What are you thankful for this year?!